Emperor is committed in its efforts to minimize the environmental impact of its manufacturing activities, and is one of the few “Zero Discharge” textile processing units in the country. The state of the art water management system recycles 100% of the waste water generated during the colouring of yarns and fabrics. Apart from water management, Emperor continuously strives to reduce its energy footprint, and implements progressive measures to reduce the consumption of energy each year. Emperor also strives to work more and more with Organic certified cotton & Recycled polyester to minimize its impact in raw material sourcing.
The important features of our environmental sustainability efforts are –
- ISO 14000 certification
- GOTS Organic production certification
- GRS Global Recycling Standards (Under progress)
- Caustic Recovery System installed to recover & reuse caustic solution
- Brine Recovery System installed to recover & reuse salt in dyeing
- Heat Recovery System installed to regain heat from dye-bath to heat fresh water
- “Zero – Liquid – Discharge” waste water management system installed
Emperor takes pride in being socially compliant, engaging and developing our workforce. The various audits conducted by international retailers attest to our continuing efforts in social sustainability.
- SA 8000 certification
- REACH registration (under progress)